Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

My landlord recently had a party in which one of the attendees gave her avocados from her yard. Unfortunately my landlord can't eat them. So she gave them to me.

Behold: the most giant avocado I've ever had:

It weighed in at 1 pound, 3.5 ounces.  I was super excited about cutting this giant fruit open.
Slightly disappointing, to see how big that pit was.  I thought it would be much smaller, meaning much more avocado yummyness.
The thing was huge!  All by itself, the pit weighed nearly 5 ounces.
As of right now it is still sitting on my counter.  I'm debating planting it.
Mmm. Guacamole!  Just under 2 cups, all from one avocado.  It took much restraint, but I managed to get the container in the fridge after only two chip dips to check for flavor.  Then I made peanut butter ice cream.  Now I'm thinking I'll head back into the kitchen to make some strawberry frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment