Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Adding to the Kitchen Library

Forgotten Skills of Cooking: The Time-Honored Ways are the Best - Over 700 Recipes Show You Why
Through some random internet searching, I found two books that I am now trying really hard to talk myself out of buying.  The first is Forgotten Skills of Cooking.  I've been to Borders twice to look at the book.  Some of the recipes list only ingredients, with no measurements.  Most recipes list ingredients that are easy to find, or that I probably already have on hand. 

The Lost Art of Real Cooking: Rediscovering the Pleasures of Traditional Food One Recipe at a TimeThe other book I'd really like to get my hands on is similar: The Lost Art of Real Cooking.  I found out about the book before it was released.  The day it was released, I went back to my local Borders to see if they had it.  They didn't.  Neither did any other Borders on the island.  Doug called around for me to all the other stores we could think of that might carry this particular cookbook.  Only one store had a copy.  And it was already on hold for another customer.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment